sáb, 11 jun|
Power of Breath - in person
Practical 3 hours of breath-on workshop. Get a profound understanding of breath work from a physician explaining anatomy, physiology and biochemistry and meditation techniques form a certified Kundalini therapist. Learn how to use your breath like an astounding tool to start controlling all systems.
Time & Location
11 jun 2022, 15:30 – 18:30 GMT-5
Metairie, The event will take place at Pilates with Beth studio located at 5101 W Esplanade Ave Suite 2, Metairie, LA 70006 - .next to the Austin’s Steakhouse
About the Event
What is this class about?
Harness the ancient wisdom of regulating every process in your body with a simple breath work. Practical 3 hours of breath-on workshop. Get a profound understanding of breath work from a physician explaining anatomy, physiology and biochemistry and meditation techniques form a certified Kundalini therapist. Learn how to use your breath like an astounding tool to start controlling all systems in your body. Take care of your mind and how to take the awareness to the Soul level and realize your true nature and potential.
16:00 - Meet and greet.
16:15 - Power point presentation: Learn the intriguing details about our anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry along with how you can influence different body functions with various breathing techniques.
16:45 - Kundalini kriya for expanding your lung capacity with Breath Awareness meditation
17:30 - History of breathing techniques and breathing in different cultures and religion. Learn some clandestine and not-so-clandestine breathing techniques to spice up your life.
18:30 - Yogi tea with healthy snacks
19:00 - Sunset gazing by the lake (optional and weather permitting)
We believe these techniques should be available for everybody, whether you have money or not. If you have no money to pay for the workshop but truly want to learn and participate you can email us and we will find a solution for you.
Some of the essential techniques that you will learn and practice include:
- Pranayam energizer series (equals to 3 cups of espresso)
- Canon Breath for Parasympathetic nervous system
- Whistle Breath to stimulate the Vagus nerve
- Preparatory exercises for lungs, magnetic field and deep meditation
- Breath awareness exercise (if you can master your breath, you can master your life)
- Aerobic capacity and efficiency to reverse aging
- 8-stroke Breath for energy and stress release
- Left nostril breathing for insomnia and impulsive eating
- Alternate nostril breathing for Perspective and Emotional Balance
- Sitali Pranayam (when nothing else works)
You will also gain a better understanding of why these techniques work and why they are so revered.
At the end of this class you will
- Understand the mind and body connection and how to achieve it.
- Learn fundamental breathing techniques useful to help relieve stress, boost the body's ability to heal, and create clarity of mind.
- Choose the right breathing technique to support your needs.
- Relate how the breath impacts the health of the body, mind and overall quality of life.
- Change your state of mind.
- Boost your energy while at the same time relieve stress and tension.
- How to apply these breathing techniques into a daily practice.
- Understand the relationship between the breath and mind and body from both a western medicine and yogic perspective.
- Reduce anxiety and depression
Address of the place will be shared with you upon registration.
Bring your yoga mat.
Power of Breath
Understand the relationship between the breath and mind and body from both a western medicine and yogic perspective. Reduce anxiety and depression.Bring your yoga mat.